For the 2021-2022 academic year, you have elected Maaike van Uum and Olsi Sokolli as your student representatives. Cheers to a new year of enhanced student welfare!
Read the manifesto of our amazing candidates for the 2021 Elections
- Extension of deadlines and resits
- Implementation of reflection and/or resit weeks
- Increase in the focus on student mental health and improvement of support systems for students (e.g., introduction of a student on student ‘buddy’ system to help out one another, creation of additional support other than student advisors, introduction of support systems specifically for international students’ issues)
- More awareness on sustainability (e.g., by making more and mandatory presentations/lectures about how to be sustainable and why it is important for us to be sustainable as students)
- More assistance and support regarding housing (e.g., by mapping and supporting sustainable and affordable accommodation for students such as Match housing)
- More awareness and support regarding today’s gender-based violence and discrimination (e.g., by addressing experiences of sexual harassment and intimidations, providing free period products for women in the whole of UM)