You have elected Amien Abid, Lea Bilić, Gustavo Hürlimann, Andrew Scrivener and Cora Kenter to represent you in the University Council for the academic year 2023-2024. Cheers to a year of improving student welfare!
Read the manifesto of our elected candidates for the 2023-2024!
Representing all students:
- Transparency of the University Council and making sure that the UC represents YOU as a student.
- Reforming and democratising the UC.
- No age wage discrimination – €14 minimum wage for all student
- Free condoms in the SSC.
- Tie the 360€/month student association board members’ compensation to the inflation.
- Improving access to free period products.
- Implement regular meetings between municipality and the UM, e.g., housing availability, renovation of faculties (disabilities and sustainability)
- Access to cheaper student food in cafeterias, and university buildings.
Housing – because you cannot study if you do not have a place to live:
- Easier navigation of the housing system.
- Temporary housing assistance via the UM Emergency Fund for incoming students.
- Expanding the UM Guest House.
- Expanding Huurteam Zuid-Limburg to operate in neighbouring small towns acrossthe Belgian and German borders.
Internationalism – because everyone benefits from diverse perspectives:
- Keeping English as UMs main language on campus and throughout all working groups and task forces.
- More abroad opportunities outside of Europe, including internship and study programmes.
Sustainability – because we only have one planet:
- Implementation of UM’s sustainability vision into actionable plans.
- Initiating a student-led food bank in close cooperation with local partners.
- Promote sustainable student initiatives and start-ups, e.g., Eatly, Pop Boutique, to the wider student population.
- Continue making the campus greener, e.g., greenery in the ICL.
- Offering plant-based alternatives within the uni e.g., plant based milk.
Education – because struggles need to be acknowledged for everyone to reach their potential and education doesn’t stop at the tutorial room:
- Accessible education for invisible disabilities/struggles e.g., burnout, endometriosis, PCOS, ADHD, mental health, etc.
- Centralising disability support services and research into the student populations well-being.
- Preventative and protective measures regarding sexual assault in UM policy and implemented through the faculties.
- Facilitating a seamless transition to the labour market through stronger ties with employers at all faculties.
- Making the UM digital services more user friendly and streamlining university services into one app.
NovUM UC Candidates 2023
Don’t hope for change, vote for it!