Read the manifesto of our amazing candidates for the 2022 elections
- Housing is not only a university level problem, but also faculty level. By making sure
our students and staff are compensated fairly for having to travel far and making sure
that everyone can study and work well from a distance we prevent personal loss in
mental health due to the housing shortage.
- The University must look towards other examples of housing crises that have been
dealt with, and should look to follow Vancouver’s model, whereby they invested in
micro homes to combat the housing crisis. At a faculty level, the council can help in
aiding the design and development of sustainable micro homes in Maastricht.
- Achieve a better gender balance within the faculty by organising diversity events and
making non-male students more prevalent in marketing for FSE. Also set out a campaign
to find female endowed chairs to make the chair positions within the faculty more
balanced. At FSE we want to stand for equality and get rid of the stigma around STEM, by
creating more diversity a more equal playing field is created for both staff and students.
- More attention to mental health of students, not in the form of forced lectures but
physical things. Research on meditation has shown it to for example be very effective in
both reducing stress and staying focussed. By creating special silent spaces students
can meditate, pray or relax for a little while without distractions. This way all kinds of
students, such as neurodivergent or religious, have a space to help them achieve what
- A more open way of being a student counciler. By informing students more about the fact
that they are being represented they can more easily raise personal issues to the council,
to make sure that everyone is included no matter how unique.
Future of students
- Live Streaming and recording lectures is a staple of the modern age and should be
present in all parts of the faculty for good. By including this, students will have more
freedom to plan out their day and they can make use of recorded education in case of
resits for example. By making sure students have access to our high level education at all
times they should perform better with less stress.
- Incentivise lecturers to better inform students about when they will receive grades and
have the council check in on lecturers that tend to hand in grades late to make sure they
don’t need help.
- Push for a more student oriented resit system in the university council, with more
freedom regarding what to resit for example. By improving this system not only will there
be less pressure to perform but students can get a chance to improve even if they barely
- Better inform students about all the amazing institutes and companies we have the
pleasure of sharing the faculty with. By organising special events together with the many
associations the faculty has, such people are given the option to network and find out
about the faculty. This should also be used in the marketing for FSE, to show potential
internships that are ahead if a student chooses to join our faculty.
- Invest more in collaboration between students and research staff, by allowing more
grants for more projects. Collaboration should not only stay within the bounds of the
faculty, by funding cross faculty projects a deeper understanding between faculties can
be reached for better research and more inclusivity.
- Keep existing study associations well funded and exposed. After a rather heavy covid
period without personal contact, study associations are the perfect place for students to
meet and party. Associations are also in contact with very promising companies that can
provide education and further networking for the future of students.
- Reinstate the UCM scholarship for Non-EU students. Inclusivity and equality are key in
today’s society and with an already higher price tag for education for non-EU students
scrapping such scholarships decreases equality.
- Special free water points where students can fill up a reusable bottle for free to promote
staying hydrated and not wasting disposable cups. Make the little coffee store in FSE
more future proof by heavily promoting the use of reusable coffee cups. With larger cuts
on coffee price if you buy a reusable bottle or more expensive non reusable coffee.
Where guests to the faculty can borrow a guest cup so that they don’t have to pay loads
for coffee because they rarely go to FSE.
- Find new innovative ways to lower the gas use within the faculty, for a more sustainable
and safer future